What will you be doing?
We need your help to raise awareness of www.givto.org – our unique fundraising service that enables people to give to a different charity each month with one simple Direct Debit. After successfully launching our new branding and website one year ago, we are now ready to take Givto to the next stage, and that is where you come in. Working closely with the Communications and Marketing Director and Social Media Lead, this role will involve reaching out to influencers across our four main channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) and trying to get them to engage with our brand.
As our Influencer Specialist you will be reaching out to influencers relevant to our cause, or the different charities we work with. You will build close relationships with them, trialing campaign messages and adopting different strategies and approaches to get the best response and the largest reach. The ultimate goal will be to develop these relationships to the point of securing proper partnerships and gaining ambassadors for Givto.
You will have as much say in the strategy as you wish. So this role is open to someone who wants to design and develop influencer marketing strategies from scratch, but it’s also open to more junior candidates who want to learn more about Social Media Marketing and Influencer Management.
Skills and experience
- A great understanding of how the different social media channels work and the strategies to achieve high engagement and reach levels
- Experience of collaborating with influencers, journalists, bloggers or online communities
- Excellent written English
- Organised, reliable, resourceful, proactive and with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in social media teams, ideally including using social management tools, creating and/or following a content plan and generating engagement and trust
- Experience of social listening, influencer research, campaign planning, outreach management (using free tools ideally), and results reporting
- Knowledge of the charity/fundraising sector
What difference will you make?
Givto is unique. It’s a bit like a digital version of the supermarket charity token schemes. The charities who have worked with us have told us Givto is not only helping with funding, but it also enables them to reach people who would never have heard of them otherwise. That’s because no matter how big or small a charity is, or what cause they support – they all get a platform with Givto.
After our revamp of the brand and website design, we now want to focus on a marketing strategy to make sure we ramp up the visibility of the website. We believe this can be achieved through social media, and particularly through influencer marketing, so you will play a big part in taking us to the next stage.
Ultimately this means that more people will sign up to Givto and you will help raise more money for charities across the country.