About the role
We’re looking for a PR Lead to help us grow Givto – a unique service that allows you to discover and donate to a new charity each month, without any hassle. We have previously focused on serving Yorkshire-based charities, but you will be joining us at an exciting time as we’re going national this year. Additionally, as we’re not associated with a particular cause, and because our subscription model is new and innovative for the sector, we appeal to a broad audience.
What will you be doing?
This role is ideal for a PR specialist looking to add a pro-bono good cause to their client list. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP to help with the national re-launch of our brand. You would be a cornerstone in helping to shape and define the PR strategy for Givto going forward.
The role would involve the following:
- Develop the PR strategy for Givto.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key media outlets, particularly those in the non-profit and fundraising industries.
- Monitor coverage opportunities using your own/free PR tools and software.
- Monitor the fundraising industry to come up with fresh PR stories or identify trends to piggy-back on.
- Write press releases and other material such as speaking points and statements.
- Maintain and update media lists and contact databases.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in a PR role and hence having the ability to build relationships with the media and a full understanding of how journalists and the media operate.
- A good eye for a story, excellent written English and the ability to write to media standard and convention.
Nice to have:
- Ability to translate business objectives into a PR strategy whilst working as part of a broader integrated strategy, and an understanding how PR, content, social and SEO can work together.
- Access to PR tools to manage and monitor PR opportunities desirable (we wouldn’t have budget to finance paid tools).
- Experience of working with the non-profit industry is a huge advantage.
- Self-motivated, proactive and reliable, using your initiative to make things happen.
What difference will you make?
Givto is unique. It’s a bit like a digital version of the supermarket charity token schemes. The charities who joined us during the pilot have told us it is already making a difference and enabling them to reach people who would never have heard of them otherwise. That’s because no matter how big or small a charity is, or what cause they support – they all get a platform with Givto.
Having established a strong brand and platform, we are focusing on marketing and communications this year to grow our user base, and so you will help raise more money for charities across the country.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will be working on a unique and innovative new donating platform with huge growth potential that will make a real difference to charities across the country and to the way that people engage with and give money to good causes.
You will be working closely with our experienced Marketing Director and our small team of friendly and dedicated volunteers; A supportive team of like-minded individuals keen to help and driving real change, as every action will be doing some good for the people all these charities help.
We are a friendly bunch, we find moments to support each other and moments to have a bit of fun. And you don’t have to leave your home.
If you would like to find out more or volunteer for this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org