Hi there!👋 Ready to buy the best present ever?*
*Ok, so we may be a little biased.
Introducing Givto as a Gift.
Want to give a present that makes a real difference? Buy a Givto subscription for someone special and they get to choose a different charity that will receive a donation each month. It's a bit like an online version of the charity token schemes you see in some supermarkets.
The first thing to note is that buying a Givto Gift requires a couple of extra steps compared to signing up yourself, so thank you for bearing with us! Being 100% volunteer-run means we can’t always make things perfect at the speed we’d like to. But we’re also firm believers in getting new features out to you as quickly as possible. Particularly if it could mean more money raised for good causes.
That said, there are only really two steps...
1. Sign up to Givto
• You don’t need to enter any information about the person you’re buying a subscription for at this point.
• If you’re already a Givto user, we’ll need you to sign up with a different email address to the one you use for your own Givto account.
• You can use the same bank account though. Phew!
• You will receive two welcome emails (one from us and one from GoCardless, who process Direct Debit payments for us).
2. Email us
Drop us a quick email at email@example.com and tell us:
• the first and last name of the lucky person the subscription is for
• their email address, and
• how many months you would like the subscription to run for.
When we get your email...
• We’ll email you a welcome letter that you can forward on or print for the person you're giving the subscription to.
• We’ll take your first payment at the beginning of the month after you sign up.
• The person you have bought the subscription for will then receive an email asking them to visit the website and choose their first charity.
• We’ll cancel the subscription when the number of months you specified have ended.
Want to know more?
If you have any problems or questions, please don't hesitate to contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org