These terms and conditions relate to charities registered with www.givto.org (the ‘Website’).
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and ensure you understand them before registering the charity you represent (‘Charity’) with the Website.
If you have any questions about our terms and conditions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website is operated by Better Giving Partnership (BGP). BGP is a registered charity in England and Wales (charity number 1168976). Our registered office is at 1 Great Close, Cawood, North Yorkshire.
Registered users of the Website make monthly donations to BGP by Direct Debit. Each month users are sent information about three charities and decide which they would like their funds to go to. We collect and hold these funds and then pay them to the user’s chosen charity.
The BGP Board of Trustees have absolute discretion over how all donations it receives are spent. However, funds will only not be paid to the Charity in exceptional circumstances, for example where the Charity ceases trading. Should this occur, the user will be notified by BGP and asked to choose another charity.
Terms and conditions
By registering to be (and continuing to be) a member of the Website, the Charity is agreeing to these terms and conditions. By registering, you confirm that you have authority to act and agree to these terms on the Charity’s behalf.
If a Charity does not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, the Charity should not continue to use or access the Website.
We may revise these terms at any time and will inform the Charity of any such changes. The Charity’s continued use of the Website following the release of such revised terms will be deemed as acceptance by the Charity of the revised terms.
We may contact the Charity by telephone, post, or email in relation to these terms.
Registering to use the service as a charity
By registering with the Website, the Charity is confirming that:
- they are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland.
- the information the Charity provides is accurate and up to date, does not misrepresent or mislead Website users, and meets all applicable approvals, regulations, and laws.
- the Charity will notify BGP of any change to information provided during registration at the earliest opportunity.
- the Website may display the registered trademarks/logo, description and thank you message provided by the Charity during registration.
- the Website may provide users with links to the Charity’s website and social media channels.
BGP will take all reasonable steps to confirm that a Charity’s registration is genuine and accurate. This may include:
- checking information against that held by one or more of the charity regulators in the UK (listed above).
- contacting the Charity via its published information to verify that the named contact has authority to act on the Charity’s behalf.
Payments to charities
When a Charity is one of the three featured on the Website on a given month, we will notify the Charity by email:
- that they have been featured, and
- the number of Website users who chose to support the Charity, and
- the value of the payment that we will make to the Charity.
Payments will be made to the Charity by BACS using the banking information provided by the Charity during registration. It is the Charity’s responsibility to check and confirm that the banking information provided during registration is accurate.
BGP is a registered charity with the Charity Commission for England and Wales. BGP will claim Gift Aid from HMRC on all donations it receives from users of the Website. BGP will then contact the Charity to confirm the value of the Gift Aid that applies to users’ donations and make a second payment to the Charity by BACS.
The following fees will be deducted from donations made to the BGP via the Website before payments are made to Charities:
- Direct Debit processor fee = 1% + 20p + VAT
- givto fee on Direct Debits and Gift Aid = 3%
BGP is only interested in covering its costs and is committed to keeping fees as low as possible.
We reserve the right to suspend or permanently deny a Charity’s use of the Website for any reason, or to close the Website, or to otherwise terminate these terms.
The Charity may de-register from the Website at any time. The request must be made in writing to email@example.com. We will remove all information from the Website provided by the Charity within a reasonable time of receiving the request. The Terms will continue to apply to the Charity’s past use of the Website.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Where BGP processes any personal data in relation to services or products covered by these terms and conditions, it does so as a data controller on its own behalf (including in order to comply with its obligations and exercise its rights under this agreement), and shall comply with Data Protection Law in respect of such processing.
Where a Charity or individual provides any personal data in relation to this agreement, it confirms that it does so in compliance with Data Protection Law and that BGP may, under Data Protection Law, process such data as required or anticipated by this agreement, and the Charity shall be responsible for any costs, losses or expenses BGP incurs or suffers as a result of breach of such warranty.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Our agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.